UPCOMING PROGRAMMING FOCUS Aug 7- Sept 17
Congratulations on the completion of our latest 10-week cycle! This upcoming 6-week focus will lead us directly into the 416 Classic scheduled for the end of September.
The 2017 ‘416 Classic’ will have an added twist this year. Along with the classic Olympic Lifts – Snatch and Clean & Jerk, we will also include a barbell complex or two to spice up the competition.
Our latest 6-week focus will include challenges of barbell complexes which combine multiple movements within the same set. This will teach you is to concentrate on the technical aspects between start, execution and finish positions within movements. Technique is the usually the limiting factor in Olympic weightlifting, not strength. Complexes add time under tension requiring you to execute complex movements under fatigue.
Goals over the next 6 weeks includes:
– Build a work capacity that will directly apply to the Olympic Lifts
– Gain full control over your technical Olympic Lifts
– To develop a wider range of mastery with the barbell
– Have a little mental break from performing heavy reps all the time. (Complexes generally force you to go a little lighter)
– Have a lot of fun!
Here is the breakdown of what to look forward to over the next 6 weeks! Our major focus will be on Olympic Weightlifting and dialing in on barbell confidence and consistency. If you are a new weightlifter, you may be experiencing frustrations with the technical aspects of these movements – that is completely normal. Well-seasoned lifters will experience “off days” as well, but these are the trials and tribulations that come with training Olympic weightlifting! Get ready to ride and conquer the wave.
Again we will provide 7 days worth of programming, alternating between lifting and conditioning days.
Lifting days: Monday, Wednesday, Fridays and Sundays.
Lifting Days include:
Squat Snatch + Back Squat Volume WOD
Snatch Complex + Back Squat Intensity
Squat Clean + Front Squat Volume WOD
Clean Complex + Front Squat Intensity
Split Jerk + Strict Press Volume WOD
Jerk Complex + Pressing Intensity
* will be on a rotating basis week to week to ensure there is a balance in variation
Conditioning days: Tuesday, Thursday and Saturdays
These days will include:
– Pull-Ups, Toes-to-bar, Pistols, Ring Muscle Ups, Bar Muscle Ups, Handstand Push-Ups
– Integration of mobility, stability, and proper body positions to prime you for the movement during the WOD
– Encourage the importance of developing strict strength before adding any kipping movement
The team at 416 is really looking forward to coaching you throughout the next 6-week cycle. Brace yourself – the Classic is coming.
See you at the bar!