How to get back on track after the Holiday binge
For most of us, there is a point during the holidays where you hit an all time gluttonous low. Gravy, stuffing, dessert, alcohol and less exercise. This can leave you feeling bloated, gassy, and regretting some (or most) of your decisions. Just when you think you’ve had enough you realize that you have a fridge full of leftovers, alcohol, and New Year’s Eve on the horizon which means the trend could easily continue.
Let’s stop the trend. Here are some things that you can do:
1) Drink water. Start flushing out toxins and start rehydrating yourself after all of the alcohol. Start every day with a big glass, and focus on drinking 2.5-3 Litres of water every day.
2) Get some sleep! Although the holidays give you some time off of work, the family get-togethers, parties, and last minute shopping can result in less sleep. Challenge yourself to get quality sleep, 7-8 hours per night.
3) Get back to your normal workout routine. You don’t need to add 100 burpees or a 5km run to make up for the last week. You might feel a little sluggish, but your body and mind will thank you for every workout you complete.
4) Regularly scheduled eating! Get back to your normal eating habits. If you really want to add a health kick to your routine, ensure each meal contains green vegetables.
5) FORGIVE YOURSELF! It’s not the end of the world that you indulged over the holidays. Your health and fitness goals are not completely derailed.
2020 at 416 is looking like a great place to be to help you reach your fitness goals. If you haven’t set your goals or are looking for a new plan, come chat with us. Book a consultation today.