THE FALL SESSION HAS BEGUN!
- Wants to compliment their race training with interval training
- Improve their anaerobic and aerobic energy systems
- Enjoys running focused workouts
- Learn how to control your pacing
Tuesdays will blend overload training and time-based intervals. The purpose of these workouts is to help runners develop a stronger sense of their pacing through feel. The aim is to promote consistency and performance through the feedback that your body provides you.
The track provides the opportunity to match our distance and time pacing, and this allows to target our energy systems with some greater accuracy.
OWN YOUR LANE
GRIT is built on an evolving philosophy that training should focus first on the individual, and second, we workout together because who share the goals of being healthy and fit while having fun. The phrase that I use to remember this is ‘Own Your Lane’. This is intended to express, in part, the following:
- Understand your own unique movement patterns, body type, strengths, weaknesses, etc.
- Measure your own performance
- Learn from those around me, but don’t compare myself to them
- Stick to your own values
- Keep moving forward
The Athlete Debrief is an opportunity for one-on-one conversations with Coach Andrew. The conversations can cover any topic or issue that you want to address, including race preparation, program design, personal goals, etc. The floor is yours to discuss any topic that is important to you. And, it’s free.
To book a time, send Andrew a Facebook message or email him at firstname.lastname@example.org