The rainy spring is almost ending and summer is around the corner. For many, that means a focus on the beach bod, or spending more time outside and enjoying the weather. As we embark on a new programming cycle, this is as good a time as any to take a moment and reflect on your previous goals and accomplishments. What worked for you in the past year, and what may not have worked. It’s easy to get caught up in our daily schedules and before we realize it time has passed and we didn’t accomplish what we originally set out to.
Whether fitness and health related or not, CF416 coaches want to help you achieve your goals. If you’re looking to increase strength, gain your first pull-up or muscle-up, nail down your nutrition and lifestyle, or even get into a groove of attending the gym 3-4 times per week, we urge you to take time to think about what those goals are.
Creating goals can be challenging, so here are some things to consider:
- While long term goals are important, looking at your journey as a step ladder will help keep you on track. Once you take the first step, make your next goal, and then the next etc..
- Create SMART Goals – as previously discussed in Emilie’s blog post, SMART stands for Specific, Measurable, Attainable, Realistic, and Time-bound. Your goals should fit these parameters.
- Specific – Defining what the goal is. The Who, What, Where, Why, and How.
- Measurable – Identify exactly what you will see, hear, and feel when you reach your goal. Breaking it down into measureable elements.
- Attainable – Analyze the time, effort, and costs to achieve the goal against the benefits of the outcome
- Realistic – Why do you want to reach this goal? What is the objective and will reaching the goal achieve that?
- Time-Bound – Deadlines!! Having deadlines keeps you accountable and in action mode.
- Make your goals known to the people around you! Whether that’s your partner, brother, sister, mom, dad, friend, colleague or the CF 416 community. Your support system will help push and guide you to your goal.
- Book a FREE Goal Setting Session with your favourite CF 416 Coach! No matter your goal, our coaches will help you develop an action plan that will challenge you, while supporting you every step of the way.
Check out the Goal Setting Page for more information about the sessions, or book your session below.