CrossFit 416 Daily – Friday, February 27
News and Notes:
- Friday Nights Lights is tonight @ 6:30pm. To take part, you must register for the CrossFit Open here, and register for Friday Night Lights on Mindbody.
- If you do not register for Friday Night Lights, you will not be put in a heat and will have to find another time to complete the WOD.
- Heats will be emailed to participants by 12pm.
- Picnic Club will be popping off so come prepared with a few beverages to enjoy the night
- We have reservations for a little after party at Hunters Landing for 9:30pm
Tips for CrossFit Open 15.1 (or 15.FUN)
- Warm-up all movements
- Glutes, hammy’s, and back – Foam roll, lax ball, glute bridges, seesaw walks, KB RDL’s, broad jumps, and sprints are all great ways to prime your body for all of the pulling you’re about to do. Avoid static stretching of these areas.
- Hip Flexors- The toes to bar are going to make your hip flexors burn – banded hip distraction with a contract and relax protocol and lunges will help prepare you for all of the flexing.
- Barbell Lifts:
- Deadlift – The weight will be easy for most, so your warm-up should focus on bracing and moving most efficiently.
- Snatch – This will be on the heavier side for most so ensure that you work your way up to the weight in the warm-up.
- Clean and Jerk – Do not expect to hit your 1RM after this WOD. So your goal in the warm-up is to build up to around 75-80% of your max. Give yourself lots of time to complete this part of the warm-up
- 15.1 – This triplet is going to be rough on the grip, so time off the bar is going to be important and should be calculated in your approach. Go in with an idea of how many reps you can complete of each movement when fresh and break your reps up to 60-70% of that number. For example Andrew can complete 15 toes to bar unbroken, 20 deadlifts @ 115lbs unbroken and 5 Power Snatches @ 115lbs unbroken. Andrew will look to break his sets up as follows: Toes-to-bar 9 reps, then 6 reps; Deadlifts 10 reps, Snatches 3 reps, then 2 reps. This strategy will ensure that Andrew is not going to failure in his movements and allows for time off the bar so that his grip can recover.
- 15.1A – With 6 min’s to find your 1RM Clean and Jerk after a very exhausting WOD, ensuring that you have successful lifts and no failed attempts will be extremely important to conserve energy and to keep you in the game mentally. You will have time to attempt 3-5 lifts. So plan those lifts accordingly building up to a goal of 90% of your Max. Then with time remaining go for broke.
CrossFit Open WOD
9 Min AMRAP
15 x Toes to Bar
10 x Deadlift(115/75)
5 x Snatch(115/75)
6-min to find 1 rep max Clean & Jerk
*Perform both workouts on a 15-minute clock, start Workout 15.1a immediately after finishing 15.1.