I want to thank all of you for partaking in this year’s CrossFit 416 Lifestyle Challenge. It’s pretty incredible the amount of success we saw over such a short amount of time. Thanks to those of you who were able to come out on a Thursday night for our little end celebration (so much food).
Here’s a little recap of our winners so you guys can make sure to congratulate them when you see them in class along with our honourable mentions. Below are just a few of our incredible before and after transformations!
If you didn’t take part in this year’s challenge and feel like you missed out on your opportunity to make a lifestyle change, don’t worry! Please reach out and let me know if you would like to have a free 20 minute consultation to chat about your goals.
Lifestyle Challenge 2018 Winner (male) – Sam Nudelman
Our winner for our male is someone who pretty much rocked the leaderboard the entire 4 weeks. Maybe a lot of you don’t know this silent killer but you all will now! He comes regularly to the 7am classes and in four weeks, with 249 points, he gained 6 lbs, 4 being muscles, and dropped 1% in body fat.
Lifestyle Challenge 2018 Winner (female) – Leslie Blumer
Our winner for females has been absolutely crushing it in the gym. She’s feeling stronger than ever, she’s leaner, more energized, and has taken to the challenge so so well. Over the past four weeks with 242 points, she took 1 min 12 seconds off her wod time, lots 4 lbs, maintained her muscle mass, and dropped 3 percent body fat!
Most drastic InBody Scan results – Paul Pettigrew
With 11lbs down, and 3% body fat down, our most drastic scan award goes to Paul Pettigrew
Biggest WOD Improvement Score – Dulcie Vousden
Duclie was able to take 2 minutes and 52 seconds off her initial WOD time, blowing everyone out of the water.
Most active on the FB group – Irina Karpenko
Watched every live, asked all of the questions, emailed me plenty of times, and was a fantastic influence the whole 4 weeks. She was eager to learn and motivate other people through the group all while leaning out and hitting the gym 5 times a week.
Congratulations to all our prize winners!
Overkill Award: Carsten
Accidentally did 50 thrusters in his first test WOD.
Complete Lifestyle Change: Darius
Quit alcohol, partying, and have done a complete 180 with the way he treats his body now.
A for Effort Award: Laura Beckford
Went into the challenge RED hot, ready to win it. With a little slip up, she fell back but still managed to be the biggest smack talker in the gym.
Veterans Awards: Scott Enright
Every year for the past 5 years Scott has completed the lifestyle challenge with great results. Too bad he’s already so jacked that it’s hard to give him the winning prize.
Most interesting questions awards: Grant Carew
Once asked the nutritional information on medical marijuana.
Most Demanding Calorie Change: Kailee Cuismano
Upped to 2500 kcals and had a difficult time consuming that much food but was able to let her body adjust and now she’s ripped and crushing all her workouts.
See you next year for our 2019 Lifestyle Challenge!!
Welcome to the CF 416 2018 Open Prep Cycle!
Over the next two months our main goal will be to prepare you mentally and physically for the 5-week pain cave beginning on February 22. If you’re unfamiliar with The Open it is a worldwide competition that consists of 5 workouts in 5 weeks. A fitness challenge of CrossFitters from all around the world going head to head for a chance at a spot at Regionals and in turn the CrossFit Games. Most importantly it is a test against yourself and chance to support your CF 416 family. Our goals include: increasing mental toughness, familiarizing you with open specific movements, and increase physiological adaptation for Open style rep schemes.
Open prep during the next 8 weeks will include the following:
- Barbell Cycling – developing your ability to efficiently cycle through high-rep Olympic Lifting. Traditionally we train these lifts for maximal weight/technical focus, we will now spend time on developing endurance in these movements. All variations of Snatch and Clean & Jerk will be seen throughout the 8 weeks
- Gymnastic Skill/Volume Training – Looking back on the gymnastic movements seen in the open, we will have dedicated days improving proficiency and efficiency of these movements such as Chest-to-bar, Toes-to-bar, Bar Muscle Ups, Handstand Push Ups, Ring Muscle ups
- Endurance/Pacing/GPP: Simple on paper, but your ability to work just below what is known as your lactate threshold will give you a critical advantage in CrossFit style workouts. This is a skill that needs to be trained, and a feeling that needs to be experienced in order to improve it. If you’ve ever gone out of the gate to hot on a workout and struggled the rest of the way, you understand why this skill is important.
- 11.1-17.5 – Prepare to see Open workout from the last 7 years. Not only will completing these again help us prepare for this years open but also provides an opportunity to compare past results or create new benchmarks!
- Absolute Strength Maintenance –All our strength work completed throughout the year leads up to the beginning of our season. So consider this our “in season training”, we are not looking to make strength gains, but to maintain all of our hard-earned gains from the entire year
Schedule and daily breakdown
Monday – Barbell Skill/Strength + WOD
Tuesday – Barbell Skill/Strength + WOD
Wednesday – Gymnastic Skill/Volume Training + WOD
Thursday – Endurance/Pacing/GPP
Friday – Barbell Skill/Strength + WOD
Saturday – Partner WOD Sunday – Barbell Skill/Strength + WOD
Our coaching team is extremely excited to coach you guys through the next 8 weeks. Time to get a little competitive, dial in our nutrition, prioritize recovery and get our mindset right. But of course – let’s have a sh*tload of fun. See you in class!
In 2018 I plan to meditate every single day!
My goal is to complete the Rx+ workouts without scaling weight or reps!
It’s been a lifelong dream to compete in a hotdog eating contest..joking. In 2018 I will walk 20m non-stop in a handstand!
I’m going to develop the strength and skill to perform a human flag!
Strict Handstand Push-ups – I’m coming for you!
In 2018, my goal is to write in my journal every day! I also plan to visit an art gallery once per month!
Have you set your goals for 2018? Who is going to keep you accountable? Let us help you. Book a goal setting session with your favourite coach today!
As we near the end of another year, we are getting reading to host our Lifestyle Challenge once again. This is our 5th year doing the challenge and every year it gets a little bit better. This year the challenge is brought to you by BODZii, (our Nutrition and Lifestyle service) that will guide you in focusing on food quality and building a healthy relationship with food. Our main goal remains the same – to introduce you to an individualized nutrition program that will support and promote active and healthy lifestyles. We truly believe that nutrition plays a critical role in your fitness, and proper nutrition can help amplify your training and overall lifestyle.
Here’s how the challenge works:
1. Sign up! Registration is $65 and will be open from December 18th to January 6th, and available by going to the Bodzii Website
2. Seminar Day January 7th. Dietitian, Emilie and BODZii Head Coach, Robyn will be hosting a seminar to kick-off the Lifestyle Challenge! We will be covering all things nutrition and lifestyle including the basics (am I eating the right things?), expectations, tips & tricks to tracking food and ultimately how to find the most success during the challenge. Attendance is STRONGLY recommended.
3. Prep-Week January 7th to 14th. We have included a prep week to ensure each member starts this challenge off on the right foot. 7 days to clear out your kitchen, go grocery shopping, and making sure you know how to set yourself up for the most success come kick-off day.
4. Kick-Off Day January 15th. The official start date of the challenge! The 4-weeks begins here – good luck!
5. Final Day February 11th. The Lifestyle Challenge end date, just in time for you to kick some ass in the CrossFit Open with the new and improved you.
6. End of Challenge Party February 15th. We’re hosting a party to celebrate all your victories over the past 4 weeks. Food, drink, and lots of fun. Hours/Location TBD.
New to the Challenge
Included in the challenge this year will be an InBody Scan. This system is a body composition analysis machine that will give you all the information about what you’re made of. This 30 second test will provide you information on your Muscle – Fat ratio including lean body mass, body fat mass, visceral fat areas etc. It will also give you your basal metabolic rate and obesity analysis along with much more information. This scan will be done once at the beginning of the challenge and once at the end of the challenge for you to see your progress laid out for you!
If you’re wondering what the Lifestyle Challenge can do for you, take a look at the before and after photos that are posted on Instagram each Thursday in December. The results speak for themselves! This challenge is a commitment to yourself. You will learn not only how to dial in your nutrition, but you will have a network of others doing the exact same thing, motivating you every step of the way.
We are so excited to get into this year’s lifestyle challenge, and hope you are too!!
If you have any questions email firstname.lastname@example.org or ask any of your coaches in class!
Tired of doing double taps instead of double-unders? Book a Movement Tune-Up! Want to get a muscle-up? Book a Movement Tune-Up! Want to work on your handstands? Book a Movement Tune-Up!
What is a movement tune-up? A movement tune-up is a 1:1 session with a Coach to work on any movement you would like or struggle with.
Some suggestions: Muscle-up, Double Unders, Handstands, Pull-ups (Strict progressions/Kipping/Butterfly), Olympic Lifts , Rope Climb , Rowing, Running etc..
We are offering 3 sessions for the price of 2. Complete 3 x 30min sessions with your favourite coach. Your coach will identify your weakness, then develop and guide you through a plan to crush your goal.
3 x 30 min sessions for $100
- Swing – 1 handed, 2 handed & American
- Turkish Get up
- Clean, Press, Snatch
- Get into a good hinge position and not squat swing
- Pop & float the bell
- Pack your shoulder for better stability
- Proper pressing mechanics
- How to do a TGU well
- Not slam the bell on your wrist when cleaning or snatching
- Protect your low back
- Protect your shoulder
If you are interested in signing up for this fantastic workshop, you can register here!