ARE YOU READY FOR A COMPETITION?
Are you ready for a competition?
This is a trick question – we don’t sign up for 10k runs, Marathons, Tough Mudder, or CrossFit Competitions because we are ready to compete. We don’t sign up because we think that we are finally in good enough shape or that its finally time to show off all the work you put in. So why should you sign-up for a competition?
1) To find out what you’re capable of – Competition will push you to your limits. It’s very common to coast a little during a class or training session. The adrenaline felt during a competition will show you what your body is capable of.
2) Identify true weaknesses – A weakness is only a real weakness if you find you are unable to do it while working at your hardest. Competitions force you to complete movements you might normally avoid. This small feeling of failure will propel you to push harder to get better next time the movement comes up in class.
3) Training with purpose – Preparing for an upcoming competition will provide a high level of motivation during training. You get to strategize, work harder, and seek advice from coaches all with a goal in mind to do your best in the comp. This motivation can help you get out of a training rut, and move you forward.
4) Inspiration – During competition you will have an opportunity to watch incredible displays of strength, power, endurance, and overall determination. Watching someone achieve a goal during competition (like a PR, or their first pull-up) makes the hair on the back of your neck stand up. Witnessing moments like this are inspirational, and give you extra push and focus to achieve your own goals.
5) Make new friends and have FUN! –You most likely attend the same class time every day at CF416. So naturally you’re only exposed to a small group of 416 members. Our in-house or team competitions bring more like minded 416’ers together in friendly competition. It’s a great way to meet some new people and have some fun doing it.
If you’re on the fence about participating in an upcoming competition, talk to a coach, or ask a friend to compete with you. It might be what you need to drive you forward, to break your plateaus, and even give you confidence and added purpose to your training!
- CF 416 Classic September 21, 2018. A staple in our annual calendar. This Classic is a great way to test yourself against all the hard work you’ve put into developing your Olympic lifting skills and strength. The format is “ladder” style and ALL members are encouraged to participate. Sign-up NOW!
- Battle of the Boxes – September 29th, 2018 @ CF Metric. We’re looking for teams to compete in this mixed CrossFit competition. There are 3 divisions available based on fitness and skill level. Contact Dana@crossfit416.ca if you’re interested in competing.
- CF 416 Members Competition – November 17, 2018. Our annual members competition is a can’t miss event. Be prepared to challenge yourself, cheer on your team mates, and wear a funny costume. Stay tuned for details.