416 League Update
We’re week 3 into the 2018 CrossFit Open and we think this has been our best one yet! There has been so much camaraderie and team spirit in the gym, it’s awesome to see everyone encouraging one another to finish a workout, try a new movement or PR a lift. A huge part of this team spirit is thanks to our amazing team captains: Marta, James, Regan and Kailee, who have done a fantastic job rallying up their teammates. It’s great to see newer athletes doing the Open for the first time, trying a workout RX, learning new skills, testing their capabilities and also see our more experienced athletes go head to head. Friday Night Lights has been filled with positive energy, lots of sweat angels and a fist bump everywhere you turn.
Here’s a complete breakdown of what you need to know and what you may have missed!
Week 1: 18.1
20 minute AMRAP
8 Toes to Bar
5 Dumbbell Clean and Jerks
14/12 Calorie Row
1. Albert Cohen: completed all sets of toes to bar unbroken and RX’d
2. Alison Boyd: small but mighty! Tackled the 35lb dumbbells (RX) and have you seen her toes to bar? A spectacle!
Meaghen Vydelingum: Literally screaming your name all night to not let go of that pull-up bar. I think she helped keep some athletes in the game for sure!
Top 3 Ladies:
1. Coach Koo – 335 reps
2. Allie Carson – 334 reps
3. Whitney Nelsen – 299 reps
Top 3 Gents:
1. MA Lewis – 375
2. Mark Janz – 370
3. Max Parisien-La Salle – 358
Week 2: 18.2 & 18.2a
In 12 minutes
Bar Facing Burpees
In the remaining time find a one rep max Clean
1. Grant Carew: finished in 11:40, stood up from his last burpee and smashed a 226lb clean!
2. Malissa Lundgren: finished in 10:29, cleaned 147lbs… all while carrying a little human inside her – can you say super mom?
Marta Wajda: one of our amazing team captains. She’s been on top of keeping her team spirit alive with t-shirts, signs, noisemakers and athlete bio posts to her team group. She’s been at every Friday Night Lights and every Thursday Night Thunder. Go Marta!
Top 3 Ladies 18.1 & 18.1a
1. Coach Koo – 5:24 & Allie Carson – 217lb
2. Tara Bassili – 6:30 & Coach Koo 187lbs
3. Allie Carson – 6:38 & Coach Robyn – 170lbs
Top 3 Gents 18.1 & 18.1a
1. MA Lewis – 5:27 & Scott Enright – 315lbs
2. Max Parisien-La Salle – 6:03 & Mark Janz – 287lbs
3. Mark Janz – 6:06 & Jaime Blott – 287lbs
1. Dave Castrators
2. Flex Appeal
3. Gym & Tonics and Skittles
We can’t wait to see what else you guys have to bring to the table – spirit, energy, strength and speed. There are lots of chances to gain points on the leaderboard (mostly through team spirit!) so make sure to get your best team costume on, pull up your socks and get down to business. See you all at Friday Night Lights as 416 League takes 18.3
– Coach Hannah