10 Steps to Building Your Inner Athlete: Aligning Your Lifestyle With Your Goals
#8 Aligning Your Lifestyle with Your Goals
Click the link above and look through a chart we’ve put together. This chart represents the various amount of dedication and trade-offs you as an athlete have to make depending on what your goals are.
As we look through the chart above, a few things are made clear. It’s clear to see that depending on what your goals are, your lifestyle can and will change. It’s also clear that regardless of what your goals are, a few things will always be a top priority.
It’s important to know and accept that goals will change regularly resulting in your day to day life to change. Clearly, not all of these lifestyles are sustainable for extra long periods of time. They all have a time and place so long as we maintain being happy and motivated to reach these goals.
As a quick exercise, sit down with yourself for a few minutes and look at your goals. Write them down and ask yourself if the type of lifestyle needed to reach them is something you can commit to. There is a cost to being lean and performing at high levels in the gym – there’s no doubt about that. There is a lesser cost to living a healthy, balanced lifestyle but also requires an amount of dedication. Are you up for the challenge of changing your lifestyle to meet your goals?
If so (hopefully the answer is YES!), having someone to hold you accountable during this time can shave off a tremendous amount of time and stress while reaching these goals. Work with a coach and:
- discuss and refine your goals
- talk about your current lifestyle and how it might be preventing you from getting to these goals
- make small changes and steps towards aligning your lifestyle with your goals
- check in with your coach once a week to make sure things are staying in line
- asses progress and make adjustments based on your ever-changing goals
- acquire the skills of measuring and tracking food, learn about eating to perform and learn about quality and quantity of different foods so that you can maintain this healthy lifestyle moving forward
Sign up for 416Life Here!